The Call Centers’ sole purpose is to provide our patients with exceptional customer service and conclude all patient concerns and questions within a 24-hour period. Providing prescription and prior authorization services in a timely manner and communicating progress with both patient and provider along the way.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Answer all patient phone calls within two rings while providing a warming and inviting greeting.
- Process incoming voicemails on a rotating schedule. Documenting and tagging the appropriate department.
- Begin all phone introductions with “Thank you for calling Integrated Pain Associates my name is _______ how may I help you.”
- Type legible and thorough messages within the EMR system.
- Research each call by reviewing past exams, prescriptions, messages, etc. before presenting to a provider or management team.
- Ability to think critically and “outside the box.”
- Verbalize with patients/staff in a professional and respectful tone at all times.
- Understand HIPAA and Patient Right guidelines.
- Operate office equipment such as fax and copy machine, scanner and multi-line phone system.
- Understand office policies and procedures being able to follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Document all recorded phone messages every thirty minutes during business hours and tasking the correct department.
- Ability to understand the difference between an urgent and minor patient concern, tagging the message by color while also addressing with providers or management team.
- Manage assigned IM and communicate in a professional manner.
- Additional task as assigned.
- Preferred degree in Medical Assisting/ Pharmacy Technician/or Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Navigate within an EMR medical system.
- Type 35 words per minute.
- Obtain a yearly CPR/BLS certification, preferred but not required.
- Obtain a yearly TB skin test and flu shot in his/her own accord when due, preferred but not required.
- Pass a baseline drug test with possible random testing while employed.
- Ability to multi-task with many duties.
- Phone skills including patient, pharmacy, third party representatives, and medical practices representing IPA in a professional manner.
- Complete documentation accurately and in a timely manner
|Job Type||Full Time|