Integrated Pain Associates – Pain Management Specialists
Integrated Pain Associates specializes in custom treatments that address the root causes of chronic pain, with the goal of reestablishing function in our patient’s everyday life. Our board certified pain management doctors understand that no two patients are the same and our individually constructed treatment plans are holistic and multidisciplinary. We don’t just treat symptoms, we create a treatment plan that get our patients back to doing everything they love free of pain
Mission Statement: It is our goal to strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
Position Type: Full-time
Details: The Certified Medical assistants serves as an integral member of the clinic team; efficiently performs back office duties including effectively monitoring and managing the flow of patients, greeting and rooming patients, documenting patient histories, and preparing exam rooms.
Duties and responsibilities
- Room’s patients in a timely fashion to maximize provider’s time, reduce delays, and meet appointment times. While facilitating a positive patient experience.
- Escorts patients to the clinic laboratory and directs them to the collect tech when a urine analysis is required.
- Escorts patient to a triage room and obtains patients weight and height.
- Verifies patient information through an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Triage patients by obtaining medication list, verifies PCP (primary care provider), verifies pharmacy and reconciles medications.
- Goes over patient’s history and enters required information in progress note.
- Completes meaningful use marker
- Sets up patient rooms and assist physicians during consultation.
- Scribes and assist in procedures and injections under the direction of a physician.
- Conducts pill counts and destroys when instructed by physician or management.
- Creates and builds patient procedure/exam notes
- Interacts professionally with patients and family members.
- Provides patients with explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Maintains an environment that provides the patient with feelings of safety and security.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgement within scope of practice.
- Practices HIPAA requirements to maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains work area and clinic neat and clean at all times.
- Assist with stocking and cleaning throughout the clinic.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/CNA/EMT
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current BLS/CPR
- Experience with electronic medical records and standard PC Software applications required.
- Basic Anatomy knowledge
- Work a full 8 hour shift in a clinic environment.
- Operates computers, scanners, telephones and additional office equipment.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Occasionally requires employee to lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects that weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Travel may be required within any of our Integrated Pain Associate Locations. Travel locations include: Temple, Killeen and Waco
Job Type: Full-time
- certified medical assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Required Experience||Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year|
|Required licenses or certifications||CMA (AAMA) and CPR/First Aid|