Mission Statement: It is our goal to strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Position: Certified Medical Assistant- Operating Room
Position Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (hours may vary slightly)
Details: The primary purpose of the Certified Medical Assistant position is to provide patient care and customer service assistance to the ambulatory care patient, as delegated, and support daily operations of the center. The ideal candidate is responsible for duties associated with pain management procedures, including recording vital signs, sterilization of equipment, restocking supplies, operating fluoroscope as directed by the physician and assisting the physician during the procedure. The Medical Assistant Position assists in providing quality patient care to patients in the surgery under defined supervision.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience
- C-Arm experience preferred
- Current BLS certification.
- Current MA Certification
- Certified or eligible to be certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants or as a Registered Medical Assistant by the American Society of Medical Technologists.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
- This position requires the Medical Assistant to wear lead all day when in the operating rooms.
- All employees must pass a standard criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Surgical Technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Operating Room: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)