Integrated Pain Associates specializes in custom treatments that address the root causes of chronic pain, with the goal of reestablishing function in our patient’s everyday life. Our board certified pain management doctors understand that no two patients are the same and our individually constructed treatment plans are holistic and multidisciplinary. We don’t just treat symptoms, we create a treatment plan that get our patients back to doing everything they love free of pain
It is our goal to strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Position: Insurance Verification Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (hours may vary slightly)
The primary function of the Insurance Verification Specialist position is to verify insurance eligibility before all scheduled appointments to determine how patient services will be rendered and paid while educating patients on their benefit information.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to emails, IMs, Glo Messages, and voicemails in a courteous and professional manner
- Monitors TASKS queue, STAT tasks, NEW orders, and SENT/ACKNOWLEDGED through Glo EMR system
- Contacts providers for referral statuses and update Glo accordingly
- Contacts insurance companies to obtain authorizations for pain management
- Educates patients on their benefit information
- Assists Pre-Certification staff as needed
- Directs all communication and concerns to direct Supervisor
- Copies Supervisor on all work related emails and Glo messages sent from Pre-Cert department
- Actively communicates status updates to patients
- Updates Glo order comments and messages consistently
- Actively answer phone calls within three (3) rings
- Maintains and follows Pre-Certification department Contact Tracker
- Notifies proper parties/departments well in advance of any issues that may arise regarding insurance verification
- Additional tasks assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work 36-40 hours weekly
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Team player
- Ability to type a minimum of fifty (50) words per minute
- Positive attitude and adaptable to change
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Basic medical terminology
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Patient Rights guidelines
- Familiarity with various insurance programs: Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, Commercial payers
- Ability to follow all Federal, State and Local regulations
- Previous knowledge/experience referring patients
- Ability to enter data professionally into the Glo EMR system
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Work a full 8 hour work day in a medical office setting.
- Must wear appropriate dress code attire according to assigned department.
- Minimal lifting required with a maximum of 25 lbs. Walk long distances without assistance. Sit for long periods no greater than 5 hours at one time.
- Operate office equipment such as fax and copy machine, scanner and multi-line phone system.
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance Verification: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)