Come join a GROWING Team!
Abilene Spine & Joint Surgery Center provides an effective alternative to hospital-based, outpatient surgery. Our friendly staff is dedicated to our patients’ quality of care. Our staff and physicians continually strive to exceed our patient’s expectations and their needs through the highest level care and the most up-to-date ambulatory interventions available.
We are conveniently located in the City of Abilene, Texas. We offer great hours, weekends off, and absolutely no nights! Full-time employees are offered great benefits, such as PTO (paid time off), Paid Holidays, and Health and Dental Insurance. If you like to work in a fast paced environment you’ll enjoy working at our Surgery Center. We are currently looking for a self-motivated, experienced, and positive Licensed Vocational
Nurse (LVN)to join our team. Take a step towards the right direction and submit your resume.
- Preoperative– Admission of patient to surgery center, perform an admission assessment, collect patient’s medical history, and initiate patient teaching.
- May start an IV line, administer preoperative medication
- Postoperative– monitoring of the patient during the recovery process. Alert to breathing problems, bleeding or other complications from surgery or anesthesia. Provide discharge instructions and escort patient to the car. Documentation of all activities and the patient’s response to care.
- Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
- Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
- Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
- Participates in clinical decision-making.
- Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding anticipated procedures, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
- Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
- Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
- Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
- Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
- Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
- Provides a safe, compassionate, and focused nursing care to all patients.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Experience of 1 year as an LVN in a hospital setting.
- Advanced computer skills
- Great communication and people skills
- Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Experience working with Amkai Software
- 2 years + experience working as an LVN in a hospital setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- License Vocational Nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS/CPR (Preferred)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (Preferred)