Andrew J. McDavid, MD is board certified in both anesthesiology and pain management with more than 33 years of experience. His philosophy is to practice medicine and pain management with compassion and courtesy just as he was treating one of his own children. Dr. McDavid truly strives to relieve patients’ pain and takes great pleasure in seeing the quality of their lives improve. Dr. McDavid is listed in America’s Top Doctors, which represents the top 1% of medical specialists in America and he is also listed in The Leading Physicians of the World (2011-2012).
Experienced Care That Counts
Dr. McDavid has served the Killeen, Fort Hood, Temple, Belton and surrounding communities for 34 plus years and for 25 of them he was the director of the Anesthesiology Pain Clinic at Scott & White hospital in Temple, Texas.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- American Society of Anesthesiology
Life After Medicine
Dr. McDavid enjoys spending time with his wife and his children and lives in the country near Salado. He enjoys almost anything outdoors: hunting, fishing, biking, boating and wildlife photography are just a few of his outdoor hobbies. He also enjoys riding his motorcycle and playing the guitar.
- McDavid AJ: Management of common chronic pain states in the elderly. In McLeskey CH,ed. Geriatric Anesthesiology, Williams and Wilkins